Skip to main content

Steamfast SF-717 Home-and-Away Mini Steam Iron

  • 420-watt mini steam iron removes wrinkles from almost any fabric
  • 1.4-ounce water tank; heats up in 15 seconds; variable temperature settings
  • Non-stick soleplate; 1-touch steam control; dual voltage for travel convenience
  • Travel bag and plastic measuring cup included
  • Measures approximately 5.2 x 3 x 3.1 inches; 1-year limited warranty
This may be the world's smallest steam iron with a mighty ability to set crisp creases and remove wrinkles. The 420-watt SF-717 is strong enough for everyday use at home, yet lightweight and compact for taking along with you. When trying to iron in and around pockets and pleats, the Steamfast SF-717 with its tiny non-stick soleplate, will get into places bigger irons can't reach. If you travel, or if you simply need to touch up garments away from home, the SF-717 Mini Steam Iron is an ideal appliance. Its 1.4-ounce water capacity, quick 15-second heat-up time and three temperature settings make it great for quick touch-ups. It comes with a convenient travel bag and features dual voltage for overseas travel. You can be confident that Steamfast products are built to perform, and are built to last.

                                
Image result for customer review
By The Stress Coach
I bought this cute little iron to take on a trip to Europe, since some of the clothing I brought would need a light press. I was going to be there for a month I had rented a furnished apartment, and I wasn't sure that they'd have all the cords and gadgets that I'd need, or that their iron would be suitable (clean and work well). I don't know if there are dry cleaners in Italy, and alough I've been there four times, I've never passed one. Anyway, this little iron heats up fast and it doesn't drip, which is amazing to me. I use it at home instead of a large iron to press small sewing jobs and clothes that need a fast press before work. I can use it on my bed without dragging out an ironing board, although as an avid crafts person I have two of them: large and small. I perceived that because it is inexpensive, that it would also be junk. I was prepared to order it, try it out, and return it. Wow, was I surprised! It's just the opposite. It's absolutely wonderful!! Give it a try. I think you'll be as pleased as I am.

By G. Sculley
i bought this iron prior to a 2 week trip to europe. this iron is a little champ, lightweight, easy to use and performs as well as any full size iron.

By Brian
I bought this iron recently for a trip overseas. Not only did I find it to be light & versitile, it actually is a pretty good iron. The nonstick plate makes for easy ironing, too. I found that bascially it does everything that my big Rowenta iron at home does... just a bit slower because it's compact.

By L. Woolfork
I recently bought this iron to use on a week-long sewing retreat. Space is limited and it is nice to have one's own iron to avoid waiting in line to press. I set this up next to my sewing machine using the Omnigrid ironing and cutting mat station. I thought I would only use it for the two twin size quilt tops I was making. The blocks required a lot of trimming and pressing. This iron worked excellently. It generates a lot of steam for holding only 1.4 ounces of water (the water pitcher is the cutest little thing, like a toy). After I finished piecing the quilts, I decided to use it on the garments I was sewing. And I'm glad I did! The iron works well with tailor's tools like the seam roll, tailor's ham, and seam stick. I sewed all week with this iron and made four dresses, 7 pairs of men's briefs, 12 pair of ladies' briefs, two stuffed dolls, and a skirt. All using this iron (though I did resort to a regular iron for the long sides of the twin quilt borders). I like the long cord. Also great is the LACK of an automatic shut off. You can turn the knob to "off" or unplug it. Overall, this is a great product and an excellent resource for sewing retreats and classes.
review image

By Robin A. Thorngren
I needed an iron and ironing blanket to take with me to the Bahamas for my daughter's wedding. I ordered this one because it was mid-ranged priced and I liked the ergonomic design. The men in the wedding party had linen pants, and my daughter carried her wedding gown with her for a full day of travel so I knew I would need something powerful, yet small to take with us. The iron was much more than I expected. It worked perfectly in steam and ironing modes, and the blanket I purchased was just as good and large enough to do a good job of pressing everyone's clothing. I highly recommend both products for travel.

By susanabanana
Best iron I've ever used. It irons out the seams & creases with such ease; and best of all, I can remain sitting as needed, and no extra weight or leverage from my standing to iron the fabric is needed. I have limited space at a computer desk when I'm sewing and this iron is the perfect fit for my needs. Best iron I've ever usedPerfectly fits in your palm, it is perfectly small and mighty in performance! It even has a small water reservoir so the iron can steam as you need it!
review image

By C. Hudnall
Let me just say, I love my big iron. I will not be getting rid of it until the day it dies.

That said, I hate, that it does that automatic turn off thingy, and then takes forever to reheat.

When sewing or quilting, it is a sew, stop and press, sew process. So having to constantly wait to my iron to reheat was a major pain in the rump. And then I saw this little guy.

First off, the grip is very natural in the hand. Secondly it heats in seconds, seriously. And it doesn't turn off until I turn it off or unplug. Yes! Thank you very much for that! I wasn't sure of the size at first, but I've really come to like it, and love that I can throw it in my quilting or sewing bag when going on vacation and still be able to press a seam when I need to. (I use it with a portable ironing mat.)

It's light weight, yet works perfectly. A win-win!

By Dave
I spend a good deal of time in Germany, where irons are certainly not part of the standard room -- in fact, most are either delivered, or the ironing room is in some dank cellar. One time, I asked for an iron for 3 days and it wasn't available all 3 days.

Cue this little guy.

I've had it for 5 years now, and it ALWAYS follows me overseas. It plugs right in to 220V without a setting (must be some sort of autoswitch), and I use just a basic outlet converter like Ckitze USA to Europe Round Travel Plug Adapter. It heats up fast, and cools slowly.

I've misplaced the enclosed water cup in some travels, so I just put water in, check to see if it's on the line, then shake out excess. Honestly, the one review earlier calling this a pain to do must really have some stressed out travel...

I just place a towel down on a flat surface (or use the bed, since they just have a fitted sheet with duvet), and iron all my clothes at once. The steam lasts through 4-5 shirts, and touching up the pants. Since it's generally evening, I let it cool overnight, then wrap it up in the morning.

The cord storage is nice, and it normally fits well. I sometimes wrap it differently, but it's not usually a big deal.

I travel with just carry-ons most times, and TSA/Europe airport security don't give it a second glance. It's shaped well enough that it's easily identified.

As one happy customer, I gladly recommend this travel iron.

By Carmen H. Martinez
This iron was a great buy. It's size is perfect for travelling and despite its size, it works as a big iron. Very happy with this.

By PlainMe
If you want to pack a full-size iron, it will do a better job. But, the the designed purposes of the SteamFast SF-717 are to cut down on size and iron clothing. The SteamFast does both well. I don't think a steam iron could be much smaller. I also like the fact that mine came with a water measuring cup and storage bag that fit into my backpack. The maximum level on the cup match the maximum amount of water for the iron perfectly.

The SteamFast irons well and provides a decent amount of steam. Due to the size, it does not hold much water. Ironing will take a few minutes longer than with a full-size iron. I had to refill with water after about 3 to 4 shirts.

I will add that this iron does not get as hot as a regular iron does, so if you need the highest temperature settings from your home iron, then this may not meet your expectations.

                                                

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frigidaire FAD504DWD Energy Star 50-pint Dehumidifier

Unit cannot be used with an extension cord Protects your home from mold and mildew caused by excess moisture Helps eliminate bacteria in the air that can make breathing difficult Effortless humidity control allows you to control the exact percentage of humidity in your room Continuous operation is possible when unit is located near a suitable drain Effortless full tank alert system with auto shut-off Frigidaire Energy Star Dehumidifier 50-Pint Dehumidifier The Frigidaire FAD504DWD Energy Star 50-pint Dehumidifier protects your home from mold and mildew caused by excess moisture. It also helps eliminate bacteria in the air that can make breathing difficult. Frigidaire’s 50 pints-per-day dehumidifier is capable of continuous operation when the unit is located near a suitable drain. It features full-function electronic controls, an easily accessible collection container with level indicator, and a washable filter that reduces bacteria, room odors and other airborne particles. Its ef

California Home Goods Naturally Activated Bamboo Air Purifying Bag, Charcoal Color, 200g

MAINTAIN A FRESH & ODOR FREE ENVIRONMENT - Through specially formulated carbon activated bamboo charcoal, our purifying bag works naturally as an odor remover and air purifier to maintain a fresh, breathable environment. GREAT FOR YOUR HOUSEHOLD PET - For pet lovers everywhere. Whether you have a messy cat or dog, these non-toxic bags help to eliminate and absorb urine and fecal odor. PREVENT MOLD, MILDEW & EXCESS MOISTURE - Our bamboo charcoal easily cleans air by trapping, filtering and absorbing airborne moisture, thereby reducing mildew formation and other pollutants known to trigger allergies. REUSABLE & WORKS ANYWHERE - Toss it in your laundry, gym bag, smelly shoes, bathroom or even your car. It conveniently works anywhere and is reusable for up to two years. LIFETIME GUARANTEE: We are so confident in the quality of our products at California Home Goods that we offer you a lifetime guarantee. Our factory warranty is only available from the authorized seller Calif