Skip to main content

George Foreman GRP1060B 4 Serving Removable Plate Grill, Black

  • Cook up to 4 servings at once; Cook meals in just 10 minutes
  • The grill has a 60 square inch cooking surface.  This size fits 4, one-quarter pound burger patties
  • 2 times more durable coating
  • 35% faster heat-up than previous models. Dishwasher safe removable plates
  • This grill has a unique hinge that allows the grill cover to adjust to the thickness of food. For even browning and cooking, when grilling more than one sandwich or piece of meat, it is important that the thickness of each be about the same. "Please refer to the cooking chart in the user manual"
Make quick and easy meals in 10 minutes with the George Foreman Removable Plates. The Advanced George Tough Non-stick Coating is two times more durable and eliminates the need for oil or butter. With 35 percent faster heat-up you can have burgers from plug-in to plate in just 10 minutes!.

                               
Image result for customer review
By TomHunter1968
Great indoor grill for one or two people. I'm a single guy and Ive worn through two of these - this is my third in 10 years. I've found that this smaller one is really all I need, having owned two of the larger models previously. It takes up less space than the other two, and it'll cool four burger patties or deboned chicken breasts at once - more than enough for me.

If I had a family, I'd want the larger ones, but, again, for one or two people, this may be all you need.

Clean up is very easy, as this one has detachable grill plates, as well.
review image review image

By Jim
This grill works fine. I was worried when I read all the reviews of people who had the older grill with the permanently attached plates, and they complained that this model does not get at hot. Maybe, but it does get hot enough to cook fine. It might take a little longer, but the convenience of the removable plates for cleaning is worth it.

I can put 3 quarter pound hamburger patties, or 2 third pound patties on it, FROZEN and in 12 minutes they are cooked fully well done all the way thru, and seared on the outside just fine. All you have to do is wait for the ready light to come on. These burgers are about or over 3/4 of an inch thick, so it should work fine with chops or steaks too as long as they are not very thick.

The clean up is really simple. Wait till it cools, remove the plates and clean them in the sink. I cannot imagine the mess of cleaning the version with the permanently attached plates.

This grill works fine, it might take longer than the older version, but the convenience of the removable plate clean up is well worth it. If you live alone, or have a small family, this grill is well worth it.

By Denise Crawford
I was so excited to get this that I was waiting by the door for the UPS delivery and couldn't take it inside quickly enough! I read all the other reviews before I ordered it, and I was filled with a little trepidation, not wanting to be disappointed. There are times when you don't want to fire up the grill or turn on the stove or oven when considering dinner ideas. I can honestly say that this grill fits that need perfectly.

Others said that the grill doesn't char the meat -- I totally disagree. I made boneless chicken breasts and boneless pork chops and got nice marks everytime. The meat was both juicy and tender. The grill is simple to use - turn it on, wait about 5 minutes for the "ready" indicator to come on, and place the meat on the nonstick surfaces. Perhaps it helps if you press a little on the lid to compress the meat and make those nice char lines. I also use a great little marinade that tenderizes and flavors to perfection. I've been very happy with the results and next I plan to try beef. As far as the size of the cooking surface, well I got about 3 breasts on it and at another time, 4 small pork chops (boneless). These cooked thoroughly in about 8 minutes but they were not very thick, probably about 0.5 inches. For a large family, this area might not be enough, but it works well for those evenings when I'm cooking for less people. I am also thinking about making paninis and vegetables as well.

Clean up is a breeze, wipe down with a little soapy water and rinse -- you can put the plates in the dishwasher -- but why bother? The drip pan does not attach to the unit and so you just dump whatever liquids and grease you get and then clean with soap and water.

I'd recommend this to anyone wanting a quick cooking option that doesn't heat up the house. I love it!

By Leyland B. French
After reading the reviews on this wonderful little grill, I hesitated in buying it online so bought it at Wal-Mart in case I wanted to return it immediately. I didn't need to do this after I got it home and tried it. I have used and tested this model and loved cooking with it ever since I got it and use it almost every day. Clean up time using hot, sudsy dish water in the sink for all three pieces of the grill plates and grease tray takes me one minute and ten seconds! The truth is that it a smaller grill and even though it would not be suitable for a family of four in my opinion, but I would still highly recommend it to anyone without hesitation. This is the perfect size grill for one or two people or possibly more, and can cook the sizes of foods that we enjoy here in America on a regular basis.
I am listing some of the maximum sizes of foods that I have found that will cook evenly on the grill and will brown perfectly every time using a preheating time of 10 minutes. These are just suggestions so you don't go to the grocery store with a ruler in your hands. (lol)
1.) One, Five and one half inch by Eight and one half inch T-Bone Steak with the bone in arranged side by side or horizontally on the grill.
2.) Two, Five and one half inch by Four inch Rib eye, Top Sirloin, Chopped Sirloin, or other kinds steaks arranged side by side lengthwise from the top to the bottom on the grill surface.
3.) Two, Four and one half inch, one half pound (or larger) hamburgers arranged side by side on the grill. (beef, lamb, turkey or other meats.)
4.) Three, Three one quarter pound (or larger), hamburger patties arranged in two rows with two on the top and one on the bottom of the grill surface.
5.) Four, Four and one half inch, one quarter pound hamburger (Krystal size. lol) patties or sausage patties arranged in two rows on the grill surface.
6.) Two, Five and one half inch by Four inch boneless chicken breasts or pork chops. Chicken breasts with the bone in should be baked or poached first before putting them on the grill for final cooking to add grill marks and color and make sure that they are cooked all the way through.
7.) Three slices of thick cut bacon arranged in rows from the top to the bottom of the grill horizontally. Seven minutes cooking time for restaurant quality taste and doneness.
*I am leaving out any measurements for fish and other seafood's, and vegetables because there are too many variations in sizes to try and list. But I think that the measurements I have listed above should give you a good idea of the sizes of foods that you can cook on the grill. I also left cooking times out except for the bacon, because the thickness of the foods determines the time that they need to cook to your preference. Have fun...experiment!
Here's the "MORE" from the review title:
-The instruction book says clearly not to over crowd the grill. If you over crowd the grill the food will NOT brown. The moisture on the meat itself will be trapped under the meat will turn into steam which "poaches" the meat instead of browning it. Also if you do not make sure that all sides of the meat are dry, it will not brown either. These are two things that Julia Child went on and on about in her cookbooks and TV programs. So get out the paper towels and dry the meat before cooking it. You can still marinate the meat if you want to, but dry it before putting it on the grill. The flavor will already be soaked up into the pours of the meat so drying it won't change the taste after you cook it. This works every time.
-The instruction book also says that you can wash your grill plates in the dishwasher. I would never do this because top quality "high dollar" companies like Calphalon, All Clad, and others clearly state in their "use and care" manuals that all their non-stick surfaces should be washed by hand and not in the dishwasher because the harsh chemicals in these soaps will damage the non-stick surfaces. I have found this to be 100% true in the past after I ruined several pieces over a short time in the dishwasher and they stuck like glue when I tried to use them from then on. I would love to be able to tell you want scientists say about cooking sprays like PAM do to your non-stick surfaces but I don't want to get sued! Have you ever noticed that amber build-up that you can't scrub off and the pan starts to stick more and more? Ok, enough said. If I need it, I use cooking oil or butter.
-Now to the issue of the cord length that seems to bother so many reviewers. UL STANDARDS in the United States determines the safety of an appliance against fire hazards based on the Watts it uses in order to determine the length of the cord it can have. The manufacturer has nothing to do with choosing a cord length for an appliance in this country. This grill is rated at 1150 Watts and has a 25" cord. I looked at a small single serving George Foreman grill at Wal-Mart and it was rated at 650 Watts so it could have a longer 30" cord. I hope this clears that problem up.
I hope this review has been helpful to some of you and that if you end up purchasing one, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have ever since I bought it. I feel that it has been the best $30 purchase that I have made in ages!
review image

By Tortoise
Draws around 1100 watts while preheat light is off. Takes about 4 minutes to reach around 400°F preheat, then maintains around 250-275°F while cooking two frozen ¼ pound hamburger patties for 6 minutes. Easily removable grill plates ease cleanup.
review image review image review image review image review image review image

By DarrenDangler1
Works like a Forman Grill. A tad easier to clean. I just use a soft sponge and Palmolive and it gets clean easily. Takes about 5 mins or less to clean. And the coat is a bit stronger on it then the old one. Knocks out about 3/4 tray of fats from about 8 slices of bacon I easily fit on it. I dont know about that other pic with 2- 3 slices of bacon seems kinda like the guy found some taradactile bacon and stuck it there. And it does come with a 3 year manufacturers warranty. Real Decent grill for 30 smackers.
review image review image review image

By NMBioguy
Just received it yesterday and I tried it immediately. I was pleasantly surprised at how light the plates were. I had another version of a GF grill with removable plates purchased about 5 years ago and I broke it by dropping it because it was heavy and difficult to balance with one of my hands. THIS grill's plates weight about half as much and seem to be made of a better alloy, allowing the grill to heat quickly and cool quickly after I was finished. The dual-lighting system for heat indication is a vast improvement over the old single-light system. I cleaned the grill plates quickly and easily, so the new coating on the plates is better than before. Highly recommended!

BTW: just saw the same grill at a local WalMart this evening and it was priced three dollars higher than this one.

By SKS
I purchased this model to replace my former GF grill (the original model!) that was used almost daily. After reading the reviews of the various models, I selected this one solely for the removable plates.

The grill is surprisingly light, square in shape (the original was rectangular) and can easily stay on your kitchen counter or slide into a cabinet. It heats up quickly (large red and green buttons indicate when the grill is hot enough to cool your food) and cleans up even faster! I just had to lightly swipe each grill with a soapy paper towel and they were spotless.

Last night I grilled a 12 ounce piece of swordfish in @ 5 minutes that was moist and tender. I also grilled an 8 ounce salmon fillet that was succulent - this was cooked in @ 3 minutes - how can you beat that!?!

This machine also grills veggies: zucchini/eggplant/summer squash are my favorites

My only "negative" for this model is that the levers that you press to release the grills from the body of the machine are bare metal,not plastic coated like the original grill. You need to wait until the machine cools down to remove the grill plates or else you'll burn your fingertips.

I am looking forward to many years of delicious meals with my new GF grill!!!

By SAM
Love it! I already have an old George Foreman grill and love it. What I love more about this newer version is that the grill plates are removable and, therefore, easier to clean. These plates can even go in the dishwasher. I repeat... these plates can go into the dishwasher. My original GF grill had to be cleaned while it was still hot and did wipe clean with a wet paper towel but there was all sorts of hot splatter. I do like this current grill better because of the removable grill plates and easier cleaning. It works like my old model in cooking foods fast and separating the grease. This is my go-to product for quick hamburgers on a weeknight. Its also a favorite for bacon, sauteed onions and sausage links.

By Mihalis in Kansas
UPDATE: THIS UNIT COOKS BACON FLAWLESSLY! Cut the bacon in half so it's not so long and easily cook four half slices in just minutes. The excess grease drains off AND it does not curl up like it does in a pan! It makes cooking bacon a fast task that's now enjoyable!

I so much love this grill than the smaller two burger version. The light on top is red when you plug it in...then turns green when it is ready to cook. It cooks flawlessly and so quickly that you really have to keep your eyes on the meat so it does not burn. I love the fact that it gives grill marks on burgers, Frank's, chops, steaks, and the like. You can cook chops, burgers, and steaks right out of the freezer without having to defrost them first! Cleanup is a cinch. That said, I would order the George Fireman grill cleaner pad from Amazon when you buy this grill. It fits the grill grooves easily, does not scratch the Teflon coating of the grill and clean-up is a cinch. Even better because if you have a dishwasher, you can pop off both the top and bottom grill and put them in your dishwasher and they come out perfectly clean. My older, smaller grill was an unwieldy mess to clean. I wish I had a grill cleaner then to clean my grill and save the Teflon. I heartily recommend this grill. It is perfect for a couple, or even a family of three or four.
review image

                                               

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

California Home Goods Naturally Activated Bamboo Air Purifying Bag, Charcoal Color, 200g

MAINTAIN A FRESH & ODOR FREE ENVIRONMENT - Through specially formulated carbon activated bamboo charcoal, our purifying bag works naturally as an odor remover and air purifier to maintain a fresh, breathable environment. GREAT FOR YOUR HOUSEHOLD PET - For pet lovers everywhere. Whether you have a messy cat or dog, these non-toxic bags help to eliminate and absorb urine and fecal odor. PREVENT MOLD, MILDEW & EXCESS MOISTURE - Our bamboo charcoal easily cleans air by trapping, filtering and absorbing airborne moisture, thereby reducing mildew formation and other pollutants known to trigger allergies. REUSABLE & WORKS ANYWHERE - Toss it in your laundry, gym bag, smelly shoes, bathroom or even your car. It conveniently works anywhere and is reusable for up to two years. LIFETIME GUARANTEE: We are so confident in the quality of our products at California Home Goods that we offer you a lifetime guarantee. Our factory warranty is only available from the authorized seller Calif

Frigidaire FAD504DWD Energy Star 50-pint Dehumidifier

Unit cannot be used with an extension cord Protects your home from mold and mildew caused by excess moisture Helps eliminate bacteria in the air that can make breathing difficult Effortless humidity control allows you to control the exact percentage of humidity in your room Continuous operation is possible when unit is located near a suitable drain Effortless full tank alert system with auto shut-off Frigidaire Energy Star Dehumidifier 50-Pint Dehumidifier The Frigidaire FAD504DWD Energy Star 50-pint Dehumidifier protects your home from mold and mildew caused by excess moisture. It also helps eliminate bacteria in the air that can make breathing difficult. Frigidaire’s 50 pints-per-day dehumidifier is capable of continuous operation when the unit is located near a suitable drain. It features full-function electronic controls, an easily accessible collection container with level indicator, and a washable filter that reduces bacteria, room odors and other airborne particles. Its ef

Steamfast SF-717 Home-and-Away Mini Steam Iron

420-watt mini steam iron removes wrinkles from almost any fabric 1.4-ounce water tank; heats up in 15 seconds; variable temperature settings Non-stick soleplate; 1-touch steam control; dual voltage for travel convenience Travel bag and plastic measuring cup included Measures approximately 5.2 x 3 x 3.1 inches; 1-year limited warranty This may be the world's smallest steam iron with a mighty ability to set crisp creases and remove wrinkles. The 420-watt SF-717 is strong enough for everyday use at home, yet lightweight and compact for taking along with you. When trying to iron in and around pockets and pleats, the Steamfast SF-717 with its tiny non-stick soleplate, will get into places bigger irons can't reach. If you travel, or if you simply need to touch up garments away from home, the SF-717 Mini Steam Iron is an ideal appliance. Its 1.4-ounce water capacity, quick 15-second heat-up time and three temperature settings make it great for quick touch-ups. It comes with a con