Skip to main content

Hamilton Beach Steam Iron with 3-Way Auto Shutoff & Durathon Soleplate (19900)

  • 40% more continuous steam power than the leading brands
  • 10 times more durable than traditional nonstick
  • Self-cleaning, vertical steam and anti-drip
Hamilton Beach Durathon Digital Iron with Nonstick Soleplate. Superior wrinkle removal with 40% more continuous steam power than the leading iron brands. 10 times more durable than traditional nonstick with scratch-resistant durability. Superior glide performance. 10 year limited soleplate warranty, digital control panel, 3-way auto shutoff and 1700 watts.

                        
Image result for customer review
By Eter Raed Othman
I don't usually write product reviews but after my experiences with this particular iron, I just had to.

1st of all, reading the reviews posted here about their irons malfunctioning or not working at all anymore, let me tell you a few guidelines that if NOT followed, will result in an AWFUL experience for you, too:

1. DON'T unplug the iron UNTIL you turn down the steam to its minimum AS WELL AS its setting (both to zero).
2. When finished, DON'T place it face down; always face-up (this is also how it should be stored).
3. If you are going to store it, DON'T let there be any water in it.
4. DON'T overflow the water for the steam (keep it under the maximum mark).
5. DON'T neglect self-cleaning it. You should clean it at least every 5 weeks (I do) and as described in the manual
(plug in --> fill with water --> *holding face down over sink* press self-clean button --> wait until ALL water is steamed out --> (optional) clean soleplate with ear swabs and/or moist towelettes).

2nd of all, I've used many many irons in my life, and I can tell you from first-hand experience that almost all of them stopped working as good as first JUST because I didn't follow the guidelines mentioned above. Also, I can say that among all the irons I've tried, I loved this one the most. Seriously, even after I moved, I would not settle with any other iron than this one. The steam (vertically) actually unwrinkles; the soleplate also; the edges of the soleplate are very conveniently adequate to fit the seams of many of my garments; the steam, oh the steam, seriously, don't iron without it (I even use it on polyester); and the soleplate is ceramic (meaning it's a LOT more nonstick than the leading stainless steel irons <-- avoid these).

By Cassandra
I just received my Durathon iron today and ironed this week's clothes with it. That included pressing pants, blocking sweaters, and pressing every kind of shirt. This iron passed on every level. Its engineers fixed every problem I ever had with an iron plus some problems I didn't know I had. It's quite heavy so that I don't press the clothes; the iron presses the clothes. The steam vents are perfectly situated and plentiful. To make it perfect, the iron also has a vent clean function. The nonstick plate didn't snag anything and had beautiful glide. It's easy to fill and to check the water level, and it's a push-button change of heat and a smooth slide to change the steam. Easy, easy. Coincidentally, I received a package while I was ironing, and the shipper had placed tape all over the decorative box. The burst of steam function worked perfectly with the iron held a couple of inches away to steam that tape right off. The retractable cord was easily long enough for my purposes and retracted smoothly although I did have to "feed" it a little at the end. The iron heated quickly, and the auto shut-off worked. Best of all, this iron is STEADY on the board. Its weight and the design of the bottom keep it from wobbling every time I put it down to reposition clothes. I never realized how much time I wasted steadying my iron after each pass. The Durathon iron didn't budge or wobble once, and I was finished quick time. I'm hoping it's as durable as it looks, because I will absolutely weep if this breaks. It's perfect and worth every dime I spent. Finally, the picture doesn't do it justice. This is one sleek, beautiful iron. If I have any problems with it, I'll update, but I'm loving this iron right now.

By ABM
I'm a daily iron-er and have been for 20 years and one thing I know for sure is that all irons eventually leak.

So I don't use the steam part on any iron and just use can starch. With that bit of information out of the way lets talk about this iron.

It heats of quickly, gets hotter than any iron I've used and does an excellent job knocking out wrinkles. I like the digital readout that tells you when it's reach your setting as well. The longer power cord is excellent, but did notice that it doesn't slide as well as the stainless steel models that I've used in the past.

I do highly recommend this iron for the price but it doesn't feel as nice as a Rowenta DW8080 Pro Master.

ABM

By Krista A.
Great iron and a great price, too! My old iron died and I had to find a replacement quickly. Fortunately, I have Amazon Prime so I got this iron in 2 days + free shipping--can't beat that! I like an iron with lots of steam, and this one definitely fits that! This iron is much heavier compared to my old one, but I like that.

By rkahn
This iron is the Bomb! First it is sturdy and has a very long cord. It heats up rapidly to a specific temperature and puts out fantastic
steam. If the directions are followed carefully, it will not drip. Also this iron is reasonably priced, much less than expensive irons and
has a better customer rating than many of them. This iron also has a ten year warranty. If you need a new iron, don't spend a lot of
money; go out and get this one soon!

By Aarzak
I purchased the Hamilton Beach Durathon full size iron (Model No.19800) for $25.00 and the Black & Decker D2030 Auto-Off Digital Advantage Iron for $43.00 at the same time, so i can decide which of them i will keep.
I decided to keep the Hamilton Beach Durathon 19800. Why? because it's EXTREMELY EASY to iron everything and throws more steam than the more expensive Black & Decker Iron.
Also, i noticed after ironing the Black & Decker iron had scratches already on its plate, after one single use.
Id like to say, in my opinion: i'm not so crazy about digital irons. I'm a 30 year guy who believes that not everything has to be digital, i believe that irons should not be. why? well, i have friends and relatives that have had digital irons and once the screen fades, or stop working, the entire product must be replaced, but that is not the reason i kept the Hamilton Beach over the Black & Decker iron, i simply kept it because to me its better.
I recommend it.
review image review image review image review image review image review image

By Natalia Kane
We've had this iron for almost two months now. My husband is the one who does most of the ironing in our household (he has to iron his dress shirts for work every day). So when our old crappy Sunbeam couldn't do the job anymore, after some research I got him this Hamilton Beach as replacement.

He says this one is the best iron he's had to date - and he used various irons in the past, cheaper and more expensive ones (Rowenta, Tefal, Sunbeam, Philips etc). He also mentioned the steam is awesome, no leaks and the narrow front gets into all the hard-to-iron corners on clothes. He loves the electronic display and how smoothly the soleplate glides.

We have very hard water and it is recommended to use distilled water to completely avoid white mineral buildup. It has to do with your water and not the iron quality.

My favorite feature is the retractable cord which looks neat when storing the iron. We are happy with this iron!

UPDATE 8/18/2016:
We still love this iron, works great after over a year of very frequent use. Happy customers here <3
review image

By M. Outten
Replaced my 2nd Rowenta with this. Love it. Each Rowenta I have owned, which were each over $100.00, lasted 1 year then started cutting on and off. This iron was not only reasonable priced but works great. Will buy again.

By OlderWiserReader
Clearly the best iron you can get these days, especially at this price. Finally an iron that goes beyond the Kenner Easy Bake Oven!

I'm a old timey iron user - back from the days when there were still linen sheets and pillow cases. I have not in the past 25 years, until now, found an iron I consider good for anything beyond crinoline panties. It's the watts! You need at least 1600 watts to actually iron smooth, things like cotton sheets and pillow cases, flannel shirts, and other heavy non-synthetic stuff. Those 1200 watt irons just don't get hot enough, and lose what heat they create too fast as you move the iron around onto yet non-ironed areas. The ones I've owned in recent years also drip all over the place and the burst o' steam never worked - an empty promise This one's burst o' steam really works - even repeatedly.

In addition, it has a non-stick soleplate (why anyone would pay double the price for an iron without that [Rowenta] is beyond me); a burst o' steam that really works, and so far (10 uses) doesn't leak water all over the place. The heat controls on the top instead of the rotary dial where your hand keeps moving it around is primo. And btw, the lower temp settings are very accurate as well. I can iron "delicate" stuff without overheating or the iron getting too cool. Maintains temps accurately.

For serious ironing, featherweight just means double the work - this iron has some weight.

By Donna D.
I can't tell you enough how much I really love ironing now. I had replaced a more expensive Black & Decker iron. I decided I needed a new iron because it took me (no lie) 20 minutes to iron a pair of linen/cotton slacks. I just couldn't get all the wrinkles out. I went to Target and purchased this Hamilton Beach Durathon Iron 19800. I ironed the slacks that took me 20 minutes and I couldn't believe what a great job this iron did in 2 minutes time. When they say superior wrinkle removal,they really mean it. The steam feature and water spray works fantastic. It is light weight and glides very nicely on the fabric. I really like the extra long chord too. The automatic shut off is a big plus. Overall, I highly recommend this iron. Durathon Full Size Iron
                                                  Image result for grab this now png

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

California Home Goods Naturally Activated Bamboo Air Purifying Bag, Charcoal Color, 200g

MAINTAIN A FRESH & ODOR FREE ENVIRONMENT - Through specially formulated carbon activated bamboo charcoal, our purifying bag works naturally as an odor remover and air purifier to maintain a fresh, breathable environment. GREAT FOR YOUR HOUSEHOLD PET - For pet lovers everywhere. Whether you have a messy cat or dog, these non-toxic bags help to eliminate and absorb urine and fecal odor. PREVENT MOLD, MILDEW & EXCESS MOISTURE - Our bamboo charcoal easily cleans air by trapping, filtering and absorbing airborne moisture, thereby reducing mildew formation and other pollutants known to trigger allergies. REUSABLE & WORKS ANYWHERE - Toss it in your laundry, gym bag, smelly shoes, bathroom or even your car. It conveniently works anywhere and is reusable for up to two years. LIFETIME GUARANTEE: We are so confident in the quality of our products at California Home Goods that we offer you a lifetime guarantee. Our factory warranty is only available from the authorized seller Calif

Frigidaire FAD504DWD Energy Star 50-pint Dehumidifier

Unit cannot be used with an extension cord Protects your home from mold and mildew caused by excess moisture Helps eliminate bacteria in the air that can make breathing difficult Effortless humidity control allows you to control the exact percentage of humidity in your room Continuous operation is possible when unit is located near a suitable drain Effortless full tank alert system with auto shut-off Frigidaire Energy Star Dehumidifier 50-Pint Dehumidifier The Frigidaire FAD504DWD Energy Star 50-pint Dehumidifier protects your home from mold and mildew caused by excess moisture. It also helps eliminate bacteria in the air that can make breathing difficult. Frigidaire’s 50 pints-per-day dehumidifier is capable of continuous operation when the unit is located near a suitable drain. It features full-function electronic controls, an easily accessible collection container with level indicator, and a washable filter that reduces bacteria, room odors and other airborne particles. Its ef

Steamfast SF-717 Home-and-Away Mini Steam Iron

420-watt mini steam iron removes wrinkles from almost any fabric 1.4-ounce water tank; heats up in 15 seconds; variable temperature settings Non-stick soleplate; 1-touch steam control; dual voltage for travel convenience Travel bag and plastic measuring cup included Measures approximately 5.2 x 3 x 3.1 inches; 1-year limited warranty This may be the world's smallest steam iron with a mighty ability to set crisp creases and remove wrinkles. The 420-watt SF-717 is strong enough for everyday use at home, yet lightweight and compact for taking along with you. When trying to iron in and around pockets and pleats, the Steamfast SF-717 with its tiny non-stick soleplate, will get into places bigger irons can't reach. If you travel, or if you simply need to touch up garments away from home, the SF-717 Mini Steam Iron is an ideal appliance. Its 1.4-ounce water capacity, quick 15-second heat-up time and three temperature settings make it great for quick touch-ups. It comes with a con