Skip to main content

OMAX 40X-2000X Digital Lab LED Binocular Compound Microscope with Built-in 1.3MP USB Camera and Double Layer Mechanical Stage

  • High quality professional optical glass elements; 45 degree inclined 360 degree swivelling binocular head; Built-in 1.3MP USB Camera (Windows 7, 8, 10 & Mac Compatible) with Advanced Software for Windows
  • 8 levels of magnification: 40X-80X-100X-200X-400X-800X-1000X-2000X; 4 achromatic objectives DIN 4X, 10X, 40X(S), 100X(S,Oil); 2 pairs of eyepieces: WF10X and WF20X
  • Sliding interpupillary distance adjustment; Ocular diopter adjustable on both eyetubes; Variable intensity illumination; Coaxial coarse and fine focus adjustment; Focusing knobs on both sides
  • Stage upward moving lock protects objectives and slides; Stain-resistant double layer mechanical stage; NA1.25 Abbe Condenser with iris diaphragm & filters; Rack and pinion adjustment condenser
  • 5 Year Warranty
This is an OMAX MD82ES10 biological compound microscope with built-in 1.3 mega digital camera and advanced software. The digital compound microscope comes with a digital binocular viewing head, body frame, revolving quadruple nosepiece, two pairs of widefield eyepieces, four achromatic optics objectives, double layer mechanical stage with scale,
Abbe NA1.25 condenser with iris diaphragm and variable intensity LED transmitted illumination system. It offers magnifications 40X-80X-100X-200X-400X-800X-1000X-2000X. The 1280 x1024 pixels USB digital imaging system that captures still microscope images and live video on computer. The included software compatible with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7 can also be used to make measurements. Features: Built-in 1280x1024 pixels (1.3MP) USB digital camera with advanced software applications Digital binocular viewing head with adjustable interpupillary distance 4 DIN achromatic objectives 4X, 10X, 40X(S), 100X(S, Oil) Double layer mechanical stage with NA1.25 Abbe condenser & iris diaphragm Coaxial coarse & fine focus knobs and variable intensity transmitted LED illumination

                                
Image result for customer review
By David B. Lopez
This is a superbly built microscope! Comes easy to setup and has many great features. I have not had a chance to use the immersion oil lens yet, but every other objective lens has worked perfectly. I easily lose track of time while observing different slides under this microscope. The built in camera is a really nice feature; It makes it really simple to make cool videos to edit and post online. Overall, I could not be any happier with this microscope.
review image review image review image

By ZUKO
I opened this packaging and there it was--when I lifted it from the styrofoam packing, it was heavy, sturdy, and right away I could tell it was the real deal, you know what I mean? Having extensive experience in bacteriology and mycology, use of the compound light microscope is a specialty of mine, and this scope has got what it takes. Most important, one can get achieve clear images at 1000x magnification with the 100x objective and oil immersion--the optics are solid. On top of that, the built-in 1.3 megapixel camera (with accompanying disk containing software and drivers--easily installed) plugs right into your laptop and bam! What you are seeing in the ocular (eyepiece) is displayed in real time on your screen, as you move about the slide impressing (or boring to death) your friends, relatives, and beloved co-workers who never would have known otherwise what a brilliant preudo-microbiologist you were!

Point blank....typically scopes under $1000 don't deliver at oil immersion since the optics limit capabilities. BUT THIS OMAX IS SOLID and is reliable at high magnification, which is what you probably need.

Thanks OMAX....when I researched the scope I thought it was too good to be true. It works how I dreamed it would and more!

By Doc
I am a former junior college adjunct professor responsible for lecturing and providing instruction to students in the areas of biology, microbiology and zoology. I am also an environmental toxicologist and epidemiologist with 25 years of experience responsible for supporting projects for fortune 100/500 companies as well as governmental agencies.

To adequately review and determine potential issues of human health and ecological adverse impacts, field chemical sampling of media and biological tissue species samples are often required. I selected Omax's Digital Binocular Compound Microscope to assist me in my efforts for the following reasons:

1. Quality - As an environmental health consultant, I often have to demonstrate and identify issues "real-time" as well as via analytical extrapolation. A good digital microscope should be a high quality instrument-piece of equipment. I found my microscope to meet such criteria.
2. User Friendly - The software with the digital microscope has to be user friendly, which is exactly what the Omax MD82ES10 has.
3. Reasonable Cost- It was hard to resist the reasonable cost of this brilliantly design digital binocular microscope. To be honest, it was a bargain and an easy sell to my wife.

If you are a professional scientist, college graduate or just a science buff, I highly recommend and suggest that you look into purchasing an Omax microscope for your needs.

By C. Lindsey
I bought this for the 10-year-old budding scientist in my family, and he couldn't be happier with it. He was posting videos of microorganisms within hours. The quality of the parts and assembly impressed me; I had an image of budget microscopes as being flimsy and marginally useful, but this one is solid and functions well. We had a bit of difficulty with the documentation at first: there wasn't one scrap of paper in the packaging that described how to get started. The viewing software on the disc didn't function on either a Windows laptop or a Mac laptop. After a brief communication with the maker (who reached out to us, rather than the other way around) we found the documentation and driver online and were up and running. Outdated software and drivers is endemic among most consumer products, in my experience.

Features I especially like: being able to move a slide on two axes without touching it, using the nicely machined mechanism on the stage. The dimmable lamp below the stage. The heavy, solid feel of the eyepieces and viewer. The solid base.

I recommend getting an inexpensive assortment of blank and mounted slides with the purchase, since the microscope doesn't come with any. There's also a nice soft carrying case you can get for this instrument.

By Robert F
I am very pleased with the OMAX microscope I purchased recently. The brand new microscope came very fast and works perfectly. The resolution and magnification are excellent and I was surprised to find a good microscope this inexpensive. It is not very large and perfect for studying microbiological specimens. I am a microbiology professor and this microscope is better than the ones in my classroom. What makes this scope even better is the ability to view the specimen from your computer. I am very happy with the quality and the price of this microscope and the business that sells it. I would definitely recommend this microscope and the company.

By PhalyV
"I recently purchased this microscope and after several days of use, I realized this microscope is well worth how much we have paid. The LED light is bright and the control is very smooth! I was little hesitate before making the purchase decision since the price for this typical microscope was lower than some other similar models. Luckily, I found a review for this "OMAX 40X-2000X Biological Compound Microscope" on YouTube and it was really helpful. I asked the seller and been told this is just the same model, but with a built-in digital camera. The camera actually adds so much fun when using the microscope. I can actually view live images on my Mac and PC, and save the pictures/videos on my computers. I highly recommend this microscope."

By Mary
I bought this microscope for me and my daughter who loves sciance and wants to become a marine biologist when she grows up. She is 9 years old and and very smart, she already knows a lot about it from her own researching. I have to say it's a good microscope! I saw my cheek cells! AMAZING! We bought a staining kit that helps you see if you can not see it under the microscope. A must have! I had a friend that is studying Biology at the university and she helped us. Highly recommended, and good price. This Microscope is worth about 1000 and thanks to amazon it's was affordable! :) Thank you!
review image review image

By Pierce
I am a total amateur and on a whim, used an Amazon gift card to buy this. I am still in the "getting to know you" phase but I have used it enough to really start enjoying figuring it all out. My laptop did not recognize the small CD, so I emailed MicroscopeNet and they emailed me links to the camera software and the drivers. I installed both and they work beautifully. The email also included links to manuals for the microscope and for the imaging software. I printed both and they have helped me get started and be more comfortable with working with the microscope and the software.
For my first slide I used a piece of my cuticle, since it was just hanging there. I set it on a slide and put a drop of water and a cover slip over it and put it under the microscope and everything was black. I immediately panicked, but then I looked through the manual and I needed to take the lens caps off and put the eye pieces in. My cuticle showed up eyepoppingly large on my laptop screen (see cuticle photo). Next I put a drop of rain water from a puddle (see photo) in the driveway on a slide with a cover and at a very high power, I saw tiny critters moving/swimming around.
I have used the software to take a video of a prepared slide I bought (a bees leg). I just got information from MicroscopeNet for how to capture a photo with the imaging software.
I'm really enjoying this experience just for my own personal pleasure.

By Lukas Mandrake
We were given a cheap $50 microscope kit for our daughters. They were so excited to receive it and play... to be suddenly dashed into frustration and sadness when the images through the microscope were so blurry as to be useless. Seeing their enthusiasm remaining to play with the plastic toy even though it could never do what they hoped, we decided to obtain a real microscope to connect to our computer to foster their love of exploration and science.

This microscope is AMAZING. The images that came from it on the same slide that the previous $50 scope saw as blurry somethings were suddenly in sharp focus with amazing detail! Took about a minute to figure out how to operate the optics, zooming around until we were actually focussed on our slide instead of through the slide into the light source. Then pure beauty.

The feel of it is hefty and quality. The control knobs (coarse and fine scale) for zoom and pan are magnificent and lab-grade. Installing the software was flawless and instantly started working the moment we ran it. I have no complaints, as I will be using this exclusively for broadcasting what we're seeing up on a large monitor so all can see.

Ignore the users that complain about a lack of manual. The company sends a white paper that contains the weblink to download a thorough manual, and emailed me after the transaction to ensure I got the link.

I cannot be happier. I feel like I just saved my daughters' interests in science and microscopy singlehandedly through this purchase.

Spend the money, and enjoy the quality. You won't regret it.

By VB
We bought this microscope for observing phytoplankton at a marine nature center. The OMAX is easy for students and casual visitors to operate. When we display the images on our large 42 inch monitor a whole group can observe and identify the cells at once. This is perfect for instruction; we have gained a huge interest in our phytoplankton project from using this microscope attached to the large screen display. Participants like to "capture" images and store them as jpeg photo files for future reference. We can easily show others photos of phytoplankton cells that were observed in past water samples. My only objection is the lack of a carrying case. I would prefer to purchase a microscope with its own ready-to-go case.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frigidaire FAD504DWD Energy Star 50-pint Dehumidifier

Unit cannot be used with an extension cord Protects your home from mold and mildew caused by excess moisture Helps eliminate bacteria in the air that can make breathing difficult Effortless humidity control allows you to control the exact percentage of humidity in your room Continuous operation is possible when unit is located near a suitable drain Effortless full tank alert system with auto shut-off Frigidaire Energy Star Dehumidifier 50-Pint Dehumidifier The Frigidaire FAD504DWD Energy Star 50-pint Dehumidifier protects your home from mold and mildew caused by excess moisture. It also helps eliminate bacteria in the air that can make breathing difficult. Frigidaire’s 50 pints-per-day dehumidifier is capable of continuous operation when the unit is located near a suitable drain. It features full-function electronic controls, an easily accessible collection container with level indicator, and a washable filter that reduces bacteria, room odors and other airborne particles. Its ef

California Home Goods Naturally Activated Bamboo Air Purifying Bag, Charcoal Color, 200g

MAINTAIN A FRESH & ODOR FREE ENVIRONMENT - Through specially formulated carbon activated bamboo charcoal, our purifying bag works naturally as an odor remover and air purifier to maintain a fresh, breathable environment. GREAT FOR YOUR HOUSEHOLD PET - For pet lovers everywhere. Whether you have a messy cat or dog, these non-toxic bags help to eliminate and absorb urine and fecal odor. PREVENT MOLD, MILDEW & EXCESS MOISTURE - Our bamboo charcoal easily cleans air by trapping, filtering and absorbing airborne moisture, thereby reducing mildew formation and other pollutants known to trigger allergies. REUSABLE & WORKS ANYWHERE - Toss it in your laundry, gym bag, smelly shoes, bathroom or even your car. It conveniently works anywhere and is reusable for up to two years. LIFETIME GUARANTEE: We are so confident in the quality of our products at California Home Goods that we offer you a lifetime guarantee. Our factory warranty is only available from the authorized seller Calif

Steamfast SF-717 Home-and-Away Mini Steam Iron

420-watt mini steam iron removes wrinkles from almost any fabric 1.4-ounce water tank; heats up in 15 seconds; variable temperature settings Non-stick soleplate; 1-touch steam control; dual voltage for travel convenience Travel bag and plastic measuring cup included Measures approximately 5.2 x 3 x 3.1 inches; 1-year limited warranty This may be the world's smallest steam iron with a mighty ability to set crisp creases and remove wrinkles. The 420-watt SF-717 is strong enough for everyday use at home, yet lightweight and compact for taking along with you. When trying to iron in and around pockets and pleats, the Steamfast SF-717 with its tiny non-stick soleplate, will get into places bigger irons can't reach. If you travel, or if you simply need to touch up garments away from home, the SF-717 Mini Steam Iron is an ideal appliance. Its 1.4-ounce water capacity, quick 15-second heat-up time and three temperature settings make it great for quick touch-ups. It comes with a con